Sunday, October 22, 2006

Random Thoughts


Keith and I played tennis today. This is a new sport for us. We got racket's just like this one. We enjoyed one another's company and the exercise. I'm delighted to say that we will definitely go again.



Does anyone have a favorite way to clean the bath tub? I hate cleaning the bath tub, but I also hate having a dirty bath tub. I would rather scrub the toilet than the tub. Why? I don't know... maybe it because the tub is bigger and harder to get it squeaky clean? "The Works" cleaner is by far the best grime-cutter, but it's probably the most deadly stuff I've ever come across. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for families with kids. Sometimes I take a fabric softener sheet and wipe the tub with that. It works quite well and smells good too. I also have a spare back scrubber that I use so I don't have to get on my knees to scrub the tub. Anyone have any pointers to add?


Does anyone have a good recipe for squash soup? I love squash, but Keith... not so much. I tried Campbell's Squash soup and it was pretty good, but it's kind of expensive. I think I could make my own.

Who's idea was it to put laundry rooms in basements? Who wants to carry their laundry up and down the steps all the time? In our old Kentucky home, the laundry was actually in our BEDROOM behind closet doors. That was the greatest!!!

Keith is taking his Coffee Master certification exam tomorrow. I'm very proud of all his accomplishments. I can't wait to hear about how he passes with flying colors!

Did you know that if you give to the United Spinal Association, they will send you BEAUTIFUL Christmas Cards and holiday return address labels. I usually give a little to the Disabled Veterans Association and the National Wildlife Association and they all generally send nice things like this for the holidays.

3 comments:

Jemit said...

GOOOOO KEITH !!!!!!! ATTA BOY !!!
I know you will do super !!

As for the laundry area.. do you remember at the farm the washer was in the kitchen and the dryer clear across the house in the utility room?? Ugh.

Anonymous said...

I hate cleaning tubs too :( that's the worst! Gunther promised to make me a laundry shoot when we first went house hunting.. he's better make it for me this year or I'm cutting a big ol hole in the floor!

Hugs

Julie

Jane said...

To clean the bathtub painlessly. Buy the cheapest bubble bath that you can find and put at least a cup of it in the bath tub and fill it up over the grime line. Let it soak all day or overnight. It will swish out very easily.