Tuesday, November 14, 2006

This Is The Day...



Finish the sentence... "That the Lord has made." That is what comes first to my mind, but what I was actually going to write about is...

This is the day after Credentials. I work all month long to prepare for the Credentials meeting. My co-worker helped me prepare for hours yesterday to make everything just perfect for a meeting that sometimes lasts less than an hour. Whew! It's over. It was interesting. I'm proud of my guys for discussing things that I felt were very pertinent instead of rubber stamping everything. Yeah! It's done. Today I rest... and tomorrow I start it all over again!

My boss is fully aware that on the day after Credentials I announce that "I am only here to make an appearance. I don't actually intend to do anything." Some bosses would flip at that sort of remark, but my boss knows me all too well. You see, I never come to work and do nothing. I always do something. I will push some papers and accomplish a few tasks. Plus... I've worked enough overtime in the past week to compensate. (which doesn't really matter because I'm not paid for overtime anyway) The thing is, I like to THINK that I don't have to do anything. He lets me think it... and all is well. (smart guy)

What else can I say about today....

Today is the day that I plan to go horseback riding with Rene'e. I didn't get to go at all last week. Not even once. I really missed it. Believe me, I thought about it... especially over the weekend. I needed to ride this weekend. So, I'm hoping the weather will cooperate. Maybe I'll get out of work just a little bit early so I can get there early. Rene'e has school, but if I can have everything ready to go by the time she gets home... we can get a good ride in. We have to be careful because there are hunters this time of year. We have been sticking to the open fields around the farm and on days when we get started late, we just ride in the ring where we have light. I'm going to stop and buy some carrots for my trusty steed... and hers. I can't wait!

This is also the day/morning that Keith went out of his way for me. He beat me to the punch making breakfast and coffee. This is a real treat for me because I'm usually the one serving in the morning. He made me a bowl of my usual oatmeal and brewed the coffee. He also fed the kitties, so I didn't have to trip over them on my way down stairs. Simple things just to say "I love you."

So last, but also first, is... This is the day that the Lord has made. Yes, a new day, a fresh start. Take some time to note the splendor of His work around you today. Investigate the intricate details of your surroundings. This world is so complex. Enjoy the change of seasons and rejoice in the Lord today!

1 comment:

odat_kim said...

That's a great way to start the day acknowledging that God made it, is in control of it and knows what's going to happen. Helps me to turn over to him the day, the things I do and the time given to me.
Kim