Saturday, November 11, 2006

Uh Oh

Well folks. I have a slight disaster on my hands. Not sure if I should mention it to Keith when he gets home or wait until after he's enjoyed his evening. We are supposed to be going out tonight to a jewelry show (or something) in Pittsburgh. The last thing I need is to reveal our next nightmare and ruin our date.

I washed a ton of dishes today and have come to the conclusion that we have a leaky drain under the kitchen sink. I'm hoping that this will be a simple p-trap change, but it will likely be anything but simple. EVERYTHING we have tried to do in this house has become a gigantic project. We have a garbage disposal, which adds some complexity. Hmmm... what to do???

Just to explain the jewelry thing... one of his co-workers is an artist who makes jewelry. She is showing it at some sort of expo or something. Keith is quite supportive of his co-workers and is making a date of it with me to go support her. I wonder if he'll buy me anything? I don't have any idea of what to expect, but I'll blog about it after the fact.

2 comments:

Jemit said...

OH, NO !!!! So what happened?? How does this story end??

Jthemilker said...

Well.. the P-trap is loose or broken and has to be replaced. Keith will be working on it this week. I know it seems that it should be simple... but nothing ever is in this house. I'll let you know how it transpires.