Sunday, February 18, 2007

Snippets of Today

I'm still under the weather. I'm up and down. Trying to make the most of my time since I'm staying in for the day. Puffs Plus is my new best friend. The humidifier is a close second to that. Ugh!

Despite, I have attempted to be somewhat productive.
  • I washed the dishes. There weren't many, but to have them all done makes me feel good. I even scrubbed the coffee pot, which was well overdue.
  • I baked a batch of blueberry muffins. I bought a packet of muffin mix yesterday and much to my surprise, it was only enough for 6 muffins. Not acceptable as my muffin pan happens to hold a dozen. So I pride myself in mixing up my own, with a little help from Bisquick. It did not have a recipe for muffins, only biscuits. So I added some sugar and the end of some frozen blueberries from the freezer and poof! There you have it... enough to make another 6 muffins. This idea was inspired Keith's most recent tasting.
  • I am in a clothes washing frenzy! I've probably washed 5 loads already. I can't get too crazy because I have to wait for them to dry as well. It seems that Keith should have enough work clothes for all week long.
  • I'm thinking about making pecan chicken for dinner with an apricot glaze, served with smashed potatoes -- maybe Parmesan or garlic -- not sure. I will find another vegetable to serve as well. This should make hubby feel loved. (He loves pecans)

No comments: