Sunday, June 17, 2007

Thanks For Your Support

We did it! We walked for a cause... Epilepsy! I was a little reluctant to go because I don't like crowds, but I'm getting better with that. The walk seemed shorter and easier than what I had anticipated. Afterall, it was only a couple of miles. There were lots of people and that made me feel good. I'm so glad we did it.

Our team consisted of 5 walkers. We raised over $800 for the Foundation. Keith and I collected over $300 of that. It was a really good feeling.

I wish I had pictures, but the camera was MIA that morning. Ms. Bent, our wedding photographer, was one of the official photographers for the event. It was nice to rub elbows with an old friend. I wonder if she will share any of her shots. She took some of Keith and I together and also of our team as a whole. There is a short slide show of some of the teams on the Foundation's website. There aren't many loaded there, but I'm hoping to see some of us in due time.

There were all kinds of people with all sorts of goodies for those walking in the event. We got matching T-shirts, hats, collapsable coolers, and 2 tickets to a Pirates game. There were vendors giving away backpacks, donuts, fruit, water, and for lunch Q'doba served up a bowl of mexican with a couple snacks on the side. The generosity was wonderful.

THANK YOU!!! To all who donated to this effort. We appreciate your support of our endeavors and for this worthy cause.

No comments: