Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Update: Marriage Monday - Honoring My Husband

Last night's conversation:

Me: So how can I honor and respect you more?

Him: You do a fine job already.

Me: But there is always room for improvement.

Him: I don't know what to say. You do a good job. I'm sure there is always room for improvement, but I don't know where.

Me: Wow, that's so good to hear. (pause) Do I nag you?

Him: No you really don't nag.

Me: (hand gesture) YES!!!!! I mean, I'm so glad to hear that.


So there we have it... an update on NOTHING. This is hard when HE won't give me any pointers. So that turns my focus back onto me. What are things that I see that need work? I realize that I should not have complained about his not leaving the air conditioning on the other night. I was annoyed with him and I let him know it. Maybe I should have just let that one pass. I told him I was sorry for complaining.

I can report that I listened to him talk about work yesterday and sincerly took interest. He's talking about yet another potential store-change... to one even closer to home, which would be fantastic. He won't know until next week. It's delightful to hear of his accomplishments. His manager and district manager really believe in him and have identified him as a "strong" individual. This is a good thing. I'm so proud of him. I'm so thankful that he loves his job!

No comments: