Saturday, July 07, 2007


The Lazy Organizer hosts a weekly discussion about Smart Habits. Click on the picture to read more about it and join in on this worthwhile quest.


So I should update on the success of my habit goals set for last week:


  • Drink primarily water and lots of it: Didn't do so swell. I do good in the morning, but in the midst of moving my office at work, things are in disarray... including my water-drinking habit.

  • Exercise daily, even if it is short: Did well this week. I set a goal of 20 minutes on the treadmill every morning. I like to set the goal low because then I don't feel bad if I can't do more than that. I can happily report that I walked no less than 25 minutes each day this week. YES!!! Additionally, I decided that a set of dumb bells belongs on the bottom stair leading to the 2nd floor. Each morning and evening I do some simple upper body strength training and a few squats before I go upstairs.

  • Do something to relax, even if it is also short: Hmmm... can't remember. This week hasn't been relaxing. Maybe tomorrow?

  • Eat more vegetables: Maybe I ate a few more? Not sure. I'll do better this week.

  • Clean one area of the house each day: I'm half way on this one. One day I cleaned the bathroom, another I cleaned the bedroom, and yet another I cleaned in the garage. It's coming... one spot at a time. If I do at least 20 minutes a day I'm happy with it.

This week I'm adding the following:



* Read at least 3 health related articles each day.


* Home cooked meals at least 3 times each week. Can you say "Crock Pot???"


* Morning devotionals Daily.


* Praise/Prayer during morning treadmill walks.


* Strength Training short-workout at the foot of the stairs - Morning and Night. (already a work in progress)

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great job on your habits! Even the ones that are in progress. Better in progress than completely ignored. Good luck on your new habits this week! Oh & I <3 my crock pot - well I used to. I need to start using it again.

Mrs. O said...

Great on the exercise thing. Just keep at the water, it will become second nautre soon.

Michelle said...

I'm impressed by your exercising! I'd love to own a treadmill. Good luck this week with all your habits!

Anonymous said...

Good job working on being healthy! It sounds like you are making progress.