Thursday, July 26, 2007

Playing Catch-up

Enjoy the summer... especially the daisies!

So how has everyone's summer been? Dreadfully busy??? That's how ours has been. We have gone away somewhere every month since February I think. Some has been for business. Some has been with family. Some has been the luck of the draw.... tickets to the races!!!! We are going again soon, and also planning to swing down to Cincy when his sister makes it in from the West Coast. MAN - I just want to stay home for a while already. We can't really afford to do all this traveling on top of our home improvements. Some of these opportunities are just too good to pass up though. I can tell you... I'm not planning on much vacation travel next year. Although much of this years travels were not actually 'planned' either. On the flip side, this is the first time in our lives that we have both been working full-time jobs and not living paycheck to almost paycheck, always feeling broke and behind. Plus, we have no children, so it's easy for us to pack up and go on a whim. Coincidentally, I looked at my vacation hours on my pay-stub today. I have 108.383 vacation hours and 16 personal hours left and the year is half over! Wow - I can remember a time when I had to take days off without pay because I wanted to go somewhere, but didn't have enough vacation hours to spare. Ha ha.... Regardless... I'd like to stay home for a while.
This week I haven't been at home. Keith has, but I haven't. It's okay though. I'm staying close to work and having time to relax. It's almost like being on a retreat. Keith did visit me last evening, which was delightful. I also have the company of two lovely doggies and a sweet quiet fish. So far it's been a quiet week. We went out for dinner last night, to the Texas Roadhouse. Funny, I ordered mashed potatoes and they came in a little bowl with a dime sticking in them. I asked the waitress if that was a bonus. She was a little dumbfounded at first, but then said she'd return them and get me a new bowl. Ha ha. Funny stuff.
Work hasn't been overly stressful, but I am trying to get re-organized. A lot of my things are in boxes surrounding me. We are having shelves build in the hallway that should help to de-clutter. They aren't due to arrive for another 2 weeks though. So I'm digging out little by little and becoming acustomed to my new desk.


Not much happening in my world. Everythings just status-quo.

No comments: