Sunday, July 29, 2007

S.M.A.R.T. HABIT SATURDAY

I've been participating for a month now! WOW! Have I established any habits yet? Take a look...

Ok but let me first give my disclaimer of the week "I haven't been home." I have been away from home all week and thus my routine has had to flex and some of my SMART habits have been put off until I return.
  • DRINKING WATER: 6/7 days I drank at least 5 glasses of water. The 7th day I had a little less. Overall, this is well on its way to becoming a habit.
  • DAILY EXERCISE - 20 MINUTES/DAY: 5/7 not too bad. My feeling sick has contributed to 2 days without exercise. Drat!
  • RELAX - 20 MINUTES/DAY: 7/7 This one's becoming easy. Or maybe it's the retreat-like environment of being away from home in a nice quiet house with 2 lovely doggies for company?
  • EAT MORE VEGGIES: I'm tracking 4-5 servings per day. 4/7 days I met my quota. The other 3 days I had some veggies, but didn't meet the 4-5 serving quota. Still working on this one.
  • FOCUSED HOUSE-WORK: 20 MINUTES/DAY: 1/7 DRAT! Again, I was not home and I'm not counting the house I'm staying at, which is virtually spotless to begin with. I only need to sweep there and wash any dishes that I use so that doesn't count. But I did come home on Saturday and did some focused housework then. I'll be home on Monday and will work on this during the upcoming week.
  • READ 3 HEALTH-RELATED ARTICLES/DAY: 5/7 So-So. I'm trying to keep this goal as somewhat of a priority. I'm wanting to do it in the same time-frame when I am checking my e-mails in the morning, at home or at work doesn't matter. I just need this to keep me focused on my health.
  • HOME COOKED MEALS 3 DAYS/WEEK: Hmmm... how shall I rate this one? Having not been home, I was having sandwiches most every day. Does making breakfast yesterday count? So maybe it's a 1/7ish? Again - will try harder next week when I am actually home.
  • MORNING DEVOTIONS DAILY: 7/7 HABIT!!!! If I don't have time to actually sit down and read my Bible in the morning, I always tap into the devotional series from The Upper Room as part of reading my e-mail each morning.
  • PRAISE AND PRAYER WALKS 20 MINUTES/DAY: 7/7 on the Prayer. 5/7 on the walks. Doing quite well and feeling so blessed! God is good!
  • STRENGTH TRAINING: 2/7 not great. Didn't take my weights with me, so I only achieved this when I was at home last weekend. Will pick them up again this coming week.

Thanks to Lara over at The Lazy Organizer for hosting this even though her computer is on the fritz this week. Come join us in creating good habits!

No comments: