Monday, September 24, 2007

C.O.W. - Caring For Others

If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but
has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?

1 John 3:17


This coupon is going to be hard to redeem this week. It's one of those "down to the last dollar" kind of weeks for us. We were diligent in budgeting; however the budget did include some fun this weekend. SO... we are pinching our pennies for the rest of this week to compensate for it. It's not like we are completely broke, but we don't have funds to shell out this week that are not for necessities.

So when I find one "in need" I'm not sure exactly how I will respond. Although this does not suggest that we must actually give MONEY. Simply we are recognizing that we have material possessions that are most of the time not necessary and so maybe we could share some of those with someone who has less? So I'm searching the inventory of my mind to see what we might have to share. Perhaps I should assess what some other's needs are first??? Hmmm...

For the moment I think I will clip this coupon and focus on it's meaning. The Lord will lay on my heart how I am to respond. Stay tuned...

Anyone else want to join me in sharing this week?

4 comments:

Paula said...

OH I totally agree! Sometimes you can share a meal. Or share you good shoulder to cry on or an ear to talk off. Sometimes you can clean their house for them and sometimes you can give them a ride somewhere. Acts of service is my love language. I love helping others.
Anyways, thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog! :D I LOVE THAT PICTURE of you and your love in the car kissing! Congrats on 7 years! A little late, but none the less sincere! :D

Jemit said...

Short on $$$.. wanna do a caring deed? You are the one who stops and picks up my dirty laundry, takes it home and washes it, and returns it all folded neatly for me. Now that is love in the first degree !
One other suggestion I have for redeeming this coupon is to pray for Barb Kelly and her family..they are really in need of prayer.. (see my blog)
I love you for who you are and for becoming the most beautiful Christian lady..
MOM

Jthemilker said...

I just may be over tonight for laundry AND tomatoes!!! I REALLY want to can some stewed tomatoes!!!

Jthemilker said...

p.s. THANKS for the compliments. :)