Monday, September 24, 2007

Blessings Monday

If you would like to join us in sharing our blessings, or even if you just want to read up on some other people's blessings (which is a blessing in itself), head on over to Marci's blog "Down On The Farm" to link up.


Can I repeat my post from last week? How about I just make an addendum to it?


I spent some time with my Antique Friend, Rene'e yesterday. Oh my goodness was it a heart-felt day. I won't go into every detail, but I will give you some highlights...


We started bright and early milking her uncle's cows. These used to be Ed's cows (my other Antique Friend who passed away in 2000). We spent the morning reminiscing about Ed, talking about his milking habits and his 'girls.' Then back at Rene'e's house we watched a video tribute of Ed and balled our eyes out. We miss him so much. I walked to the barn to pet the horses, kitties, and goat... strolled by the ring to say hello to the doggies... and peaked at the guineas and snapped a few pictures here and there. From there we made a road trip to Cleveland - which results in a couple of hours of really good discussion. We watched the Cleveland Grand Prix Stadium Jumping and it was fabulous. The Lord blessed us with abundant sunshine and a day that was as lovely as my company. We shopped at some of the vendor booths. She bought more than me... and I didn't know it but she bought me something very special. On the way home she pulled it out and gave it to me and it was a painted pony. Not just any painted pony -- it was painted like a "Harley Davidson" horse complete with shades and all. This might sound silly to most, but... it so reminded me of my Grandma, which probably sounds even sillier, but I'll save that for another post and keep you guessing! The point is that she got me something very, very, very heartfelt.


My friend touched my heart a thousand times yesterday. Thank you Lord for such a profound blessing and for reminding me over and over how great she is.


I'll post some weekend pictures later this evening.

1 comment:

Marci said...

Jenny, I am so glad you had a good time with your friend. That is always a sweet reminder to us that one day we will be together for ever in sweet fellowship. Thanks for taking part in the Blessings Monday.