Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'm So Behind!

I have not gotten to posting pictures from this past weekend's excursions. I also have some from yesterday's trip to my parent's house where I had a walk thru Uncle Charlie's garden. I got a big box+ full of tomatoes that I will hopefully be able to stew & can. He threw in some other prizes too... a handful of green peppers, some hot peppers, a couple pie pumpkins (so cute), and a half dozen of squash (acorn and butternut). I'm so pleased. I really got more than I bargained for! I hope to have lots to share once I prepare some of it.

In other news, I saw my doctor yesterday. I was fully expecting her to tell me that I have to take Cholesterol meds. She kinda did, but for now she's just giving me Omega-3 vitamins to take. I'm so pleased with this alternative plan; however they are very expensive. A 2-mth supply is $178. YIKES. She did say that I could take a half dose (2-day instead of 4) so maybe I will ask the pharmacy if I can get half the script at a time? That would make it more affordable. Overall she is pleased with my progress since I turned the bend about a year ago. I've made changes in my eating habits and I'm exercising regularly now too. It all contributes to a healthier me!

Enough babble for now. I must WORK! I have a lot of it to accomplish! Sorry about not getting my pictures posted. I will try to get to it later this week. (oh and I have a new favorite sun picture to share!)

2 comments:

Marci said...

Jenny, also if you can find pastured eggs, and meats it will increase your Omega 3. I am glad she is willing to try that first.

Jane said...

I was supposed to take those expensive Omega 3s also, but could not afford them. I take concentrated fish oil instead. I get some from the chiropractor and some from GNC. At GNC I get the Ultra Strength. It is about $2o for 60. It has helped bring my triglycerides down, but I still have to go on tricor in addition to the statin. You have probably inherited the Best bad genes.