Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Is There A Connection???

Luke 21:1-4 (NRSV)He looked up and saw rich people putting their gifts into the treasury; he also saw a poor widow put in two small copper coins. He said, "Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all of them; for all of them have contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in all she had to live on."

I am amazed at how a particular subject is brought to light and then coincidentally (or more-likely not so coincidentally) it is followed by additional promptings that are similar. God is so clever at how he keeps me focused. I just got done saying yesterday that our budget is just about shot and I'm unsure of what I have to give "those in need" this week. So after reading the above passage this morning, I'm thinking... maybe there is more to spare than I had thought. Hmmm...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jenny,

I have not forgotten about you, I will send your box soon. Promise, promise, promise!!! Pray for my Ella, she has her surgery tomorrow!!!
I could NOT work my e-mail today, that is why I posted my message here, sorry!
Angela

Jthemilker said...

Oh Angela - please don't rush. Tend to your little-one. I will pray. - Jen :)

Jane said...

You have more to give than $$$! A kind word, a cheerful smile, a thoughtful act...