Monday, October 01, 2007

Blessings Monday


If you would like to join us in sharing our blessings, or even if you just want to read up on some other people's blessings (which is a blessing in itself), head on over to Marci's blog "Down On The Farm" to link up.


This week I would like to share the blessing of abundance. In my recent post, Suzie Homemaker, you will see the trunk load of tomatoes that Uncle Charlie gave me and a snap-shot of the finished product. Uncle Charlie plants a tremendous garden every year. He is only one person, but he shares with anyone and everyone. I'm really grateful for the time and resources he has spent in caring for the garden. I am impressed with his generosity. He really does like to share and for that I am thankful.


I stewed and canned 31 pints of tomatoes, although some were in quart jars. One jar did break or I would have had 32. I packed some in a basket and took them to Uncle Charlie this afternoon and left a few quarts with my parents as well. It's the least I could do for such a generous offering.


Maybe that's not a lot of canning, but this was my very first solo try AND I have a tiny kitchen that is not condusive to this type of activity. I am feeling quite proud of myself and know that my Granny would back that up if she were still amongst us.


So THANKS to Uncle Charlie for his hard work and generous sharing of his harvest. I appreciate it.

1 comment:

Marci said...

I would say you were a blessing as well. Thanks for sharing.