Monday, October 22, 2007

Blessings Monday


If you would like to join us in sharing our blessings, or even if you just want to read up on some other people's blessings (which is a blessing in itself), head on over to Marci's blog "Down On The Farm" to link up.

Today I am thankful for my new running shoes. The shoes I had been running in were hand-me-downs from my MIL. I think she gave them to me a year or maybe two years ago??? They were good shoes in their day, but I really did wear them out. The soles were snagging loose and the inside structure had cracked into little pieces that jabbed my heels as I ran. We have been on a tight budget and thus new shoes had to wait.
With my efforts to run... and to keep up with it, shoes are of the utmost importance. Ask anyone who knows about running. Shoes can make or break ya. But I muttled thru with those old shoes until I had all but ran a 5K.
One night while shopping with my sister, I splurged on this pair of New Balance 409 Abzorbs. They are pink and white.... How appropriate for my feminine kick. I slipped my custom made orthotics into them and off I went in my new light-footed footwear.
As it goes, I was sick and off running shortly therafter, but TODAY I have redeemed myself and ran on my treadmill. I am grateful for my new shoes and for God who has slipped them into the budget ever so carefully. I do pray for the strength and devotion to keep running because it is a hard thing for me; however I do know that I need to do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Jenny. It takes a lot to keep on running. May the Lord richly reward you for your efforts!!

Patty said...

Good running shoes make a huge difference. It is a blessing indeed to have them. Keep running, its a good feeling to have the wind at your back