Sunday, October 21, 2007

What A Lovely Weekend

Friday night I had some Girly Time with my good friend and her two lovlies. We went out for dinner and then to the party store to get a pinata and some fillins. I love to just sit and chat with her and the kiddos love me, but I never know why... but I just love them too! We play and sing and read books and it's just lovely.
Keith had the entire weekend off. That rarely happens, so we are especially grateful for it. In contemplating the plans for such an occasion, we realized that we had a very low budget. Given the time of year, some sort of a trek was in order to see the handiwork of God during this colorful season of change. Northernward we went and a little bit west. These photos are of Neshanock Creek in Volant, PA. We visited some shops but bought little. We had lunch at the Dumplin Haus with their famous dessert... Apple Dumplins! So appropriate for the time of year. It was a grand afternoon... weather, sunshine, and my darling for company!


We stopped at an Amish farm and bought some Mums for our flower garden. Can't beat the price! We got 12 or 15 inch pots for $2 and $3 each. I was delighted. I wanted to buy pumpkins and birdhouse gourds too, but hubby reminded me that we don't have room for all of those these days. It's not like years ago when we had a huge porch and yard. Oh well. I already have 2 small pumpkins at home that I am using for decoration... at least until I have the hankering to make pie.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: