Sunday, November 18, 2007

Just A Little Somthin' To Jump Start My Pacemaker


This afternoon I was doing laundry in the basement as usual. I put some bed-linens into the washer and when I turned around there was a GIGANTIC spider (the wolf-spider kind) on the comforter that was underneath these bed-linens. I shreaked in reaction and screamed for Keith. He came running! I was pointing... and had nowhere to run. And what's worse... I wasn't even wearing shoes!!!! AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Just so you don't think I'm exagerating when I say it was GIGANTIC... it could have easily filled the palm of my hand. It's body was probably the size of my thumbnail. Even Keith said "Wow, it IS a big one!" I ran to the steps but wouldn't disappear until I was sure he had taken care of it. He smushed it and disposed of it in a paper towel. Oh good gravy... I do NOT like spiders!!!! It makes me cringe just thinking about it. What's worse... I have to go down there and put on my barn boots. Now I'm going to be paranoid that such a thing could be lurking inside my boots! AH!!!!!


One day last week he forgot to close the garage door so it was open all night long. Could it have arrived then? Or maybe it had taken up residence in our home a long long time ago? Regardless, I do not like to find such excitement... especially amongst the laundry. Needless to say... that was the last load of laundry I did today and I don't think I will do any more for a while!

3 comments:

Scribbit said...

Those are huge--I've never been afraid of spiders but that's probably just because we don't get big ones like that!

Marci said...

I am with you my friend. Yesterday morning, I went in to take my shower. Thank goodness, I still had my nightgown on. My husband was outside doing animal chores and there was a HUGE spider in the bathroom. I hollered for my son to grab the leather flyswatter and come quickly. He killed it for me, but even he said it was huge. He called it a tarantula. =)

Pearl said...

ekkkkk! I do not like spiders!