Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Heavy Burdens... Work

Matthew 11:28-30 (NRSV)

[Jesus said] "Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens,
and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am
gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke
is easy, and my burden is light."



Work is weighing hard on me this week... and last week... and the week before that. UGH. With one of my co-workers having resigned, I am feeling that 'sinking ship' type of feeling. We finally have a temp, which I appreciate, but we have to teach her and direct her. It's a good thing overall. My volume has sky-rocketed, while demands for other this's and that's roll in constantly. We have to stop everything today to prep for our quarterly meetings tonight. It's going to be a LONG day, a long, long day.

So this morning I feel the burden of stress at work. The Lord will give me strength to endure today and the days to come. I long to feel the rest and peace that comes from Him.

No comments: