Sunday, January 20, 2008

Clean Heart: Week 4

Yes I know I've missed a couple weeks. Been working on other Bible Studies and haven't had time to build upon that any more than one at a time.

I love answered prayers. I am a prayer warrior... probably because I love answered prayers so much. When I pray, I record in my journal the things that I'm praying for. Sometimes I even write my prayers there too. Periodically I read through my older journals just for the simple task of recognizing answered prayers because it is a warm feeling to celebrate such things.

Let's take a look back at my past...

Years ago, we had been praying about our financial situation. We needed to be more budget savvy and purposeful. So God sent us to Kentucky to teach us about budgeting. First of all, we were giving up what we considered to be a comfortable home and our jobs and moving far far away rather blindly to pursue what the Lord layed on our hearts. I tried desperately to find a job before we got there. As a matter of fact, I interviewed FIVE times for one particular position and they didn't hire me because they weren't sure if I'd be staying in the area long-term. As it goes, some changes were occuring at work here at home and I developed a plan where I would be able to do my job from home. My employer was in favor, and even agreed to fly me home for a 10 day stay each month. I thought I had the best of both worlds, but when they hired yet another employee for the office, the answered prayer gets even better. She wanted a lot more money than my employer would pay on average so they gave me a hefty raise just because they couldn't pay her more than me. So here we were, being obedient and trusting God to provide for us and he piled on the blessing. Now with one of us in school and not working, things were still pretty shy in the budget category, but God made it so that the raise I received would make up for my husband not working. He provided a home that was walking distance to school, post-office, and general shopping needs. God truly poured out the mercy and grace in our situation. We still struggle to keep to a budget, but we know that God's plan is perfect and we can always rely on him to provide.

If you'd like to participate in the CLEAN HEART devotional, visit Dandelion Seeds. Create your blog entry, sign Mr Linky linking back to your post, and leave a comment.




No comments: