Friday, March 14, 2008

Coupon Of Wisdom - Friday


"Rejoice in the Lord always." Philippians 4:4


I clipped this coupon yesterday. Now I shall spend some time redeeming it. Somtimes it is the simplest instruction that seems so hard. Rejoicing in the midst of trial or suffering is entirely difficult. When I'm faced with such circumstances I struggle to remind myself that every trial is an opportunity for growth and that the Lord's plan is perfect. Many times I can look back and realize what those lessons were and rejoice in the Lords perfect plan.


On a day to day basis, I struggle with increased stress at work and trying to balance housekeeping and such. I must continue to REJOICE in the Lord during these times. It is difficult to keep this focus, but when I do it is such a blessing! I shall hold these words closely today and be joyful in the Lord.


Sometimes I read over these simple yet profound tidbits of wisdom and fail to embrace them. Just as clipped coupons that are not redeemed are wasteful, so are portions of scripture/biblical teaching when we read them and fail to respond. Thus... I have developed the concept of clipping "Coupons Of Wisdom" to help remind myself to exercise discernment of the wisdom the Lord so freely offers.

No comments: