Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesdays With Jen... My Memoirs



How I Met My Hubby - Part 1




Somehow, long long ago, He and I happened upon one another via some sort of joke exchanging online pen pal type thing. We passed jokes back and forth and then he disappeared for a long time. I found out later that he had been deployed.




Fast Forward a couple of years... He found me again and we corresponded a little more regularly. I had lots of online friends by this time and had considered visiting a particular friend in Texas when K guilted me with the "How come you never visited me?" line to which I replied "You haven't invited me." From that stemmed an invite and because he was so far far away (Colorado) the perfect time to meet is when he would be in his home town (Cincinnati) for a family wedding.




As the story goes, he had a rather difficult time keeping dates. Some stood him up, others cancelled at the last minute... you get the idea. But for this occasion he made sure his entire family knew he was SURELY going to bring a date... that would be me.




Now don't be alarmed. I did not just drop everything and drive to Cincinnati. We planned this over about 6 weeks time and during that time I befriended most of his very close friends, some of his very close friends family members, and several members of his family... also via Internet. At this point I figured that if he was lying to me that I would have figured it out because I was in the family/friend loop. Everything checked out.




One night he said he was going to actually CALL me on the telephone, but he didn't. The next night I confronted him about it... and he did. It was very neat to hear his voice for the first time. We talked for HOURS. I can only imagine how high his telephone bill had to have been! I'm only now thinking about that... Well... I must have been worth it. At one point he had talked so long that he needed to take a rest-room break. He asked me to "hold-on" so I did... while he set the phone down and literally ran to the rest room. I know that because I could hear him running down the hall of his barracks.




So then what.... Where did we meet? What events transpired? How did we fall in love? Some of you know this story, but for the sake of recording my memoirs... I shall keep others in suspense for a time... Tune in next Tuesday when I reveal the next chapter of "How I Met My Hubby."

1 comment:

Marci said...

Great story Jenny. I am looking forward to the next part!!!!