Saturday, April 26, 2008

Friends In Need

While I'm pining over my own personal situation, we have friends nearby that have no home. This family with 2 children were not home when the house was struck by lightning and caught fire. They have been informed that they MIGHT be able to salvage 10% of their belonginings. The entire house will need to be gutted and rebuilt. They have to find alternative housing and have basically NOTHING to furnish a home.

Last night as K and I watched a movie and ate our dinner I thought... they don't have a plate to eat off of much less food... and not a couch to sit on or a tv to watch... and here we are living our normal every day life. How dare I complain about my own woes!!! There is always someone else in far more need than us!

And how about that... I have toothpaste, tooth brushes, deodorant, air fresheners, laundry soap, and other items to share because of my thrifty deal-shopping of late. We shall also prayerfully send them some money and see if there is anything else we can do to offset this traumatic experience.

Please pray for this family... For comfort, provision, and healing in many ways!

No comments: