Monday, May 05, 2008

Tuesdays With Jen... My Memoirs


In May of 1999, Keith was in his sister's wedding. It was held in the Cincinatti area in a Presbyterian church. The night before was the rehersal and rehersal dinner. The dinner was catered and served in the fellowship hall of the church. His sister wore entirely white attire to the rehersal activities. I'm not sure why I remember that so vividly, but I do. She was very pretty.


The following day K's Mom, grandmother, and I went to Dillards to have our hair and nails done. This was my very first 'outing' of sorts with his mother. She got all fancied up and I had the hair dresser make mine with big curls. It was a nice time.


The wedding was grand. The bridal gown was simple yet elegant with a lovely veil of white. She was stunning. The brides maids wore satin mint-green dresses that were also very beautiful. Of course the men, and my soldier man, were decked out in tuxedos for the event. The wedding was simple and elegant.

The reception was (I think) near Covington, KY maybe??? I'm not really sure. It was at a community center that had lots and lots of windows surrounding the dining hall. The cake was three tiered with pearl accents. K's grandmother had made centerpieces for the tables. They were castles made out of sugar cubes. It was really sweet... pun intended! There were lots of white twinkle lights. The food was delicious. The DJ played late into the night. We danced, danced, and danced some more.


It was a lovely time. We are nearing the time of their anniversary as the weeks press on in May. The wedding was a memorable occasion and only one of many family affairs I was to attend with my soldier in the years to come.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

What a wonderful memory! Thats another blessing I am thankful for. The memories I can pull out and enjoy when I need them the most.

Marci said...

I love how certain things stand out in our memories. Like you remembering his sister in her white dress. Thanks for sharing.