Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesdays With Jen - My Memoirs

I have to make it short, so I'll just record a couple remembrances from my youth...

  • I used to go to the barn with my "Grampy" to help with the milking (aka play in the hay). He would fill his feed sack half full, swing it over his back, then I'd jump on top and he'd carry me down the steps that way. I can only imagine how difficult that was, but actually I think he liked it.
  • We had a pony named Sugarfoot but we only rode her in the summer. She was ornery and threw a bucking fit the first time every year. I decided I liked her and was sad that she passed on when I was in 4th grade, but not until I had pretty much rode her into the ground.
  • When I was 15 my pediatrician gave me a horse, which fulfilled a deep down longing desire that had lingered on substantially since Sugarfoot died. Storm was a palomino saddlebred. I was in my glory!! Coincidentally, that same pediatrician is now my landlord.

That's all for today. I have to keep it short. I should mention that Penny is STILL in Kentucky. We were unable to go for her because the trailer brakes were not working properly. We decided to postpone until last Saturday, but the mechanic was not yet finished with it. SO... the plan is to go THIS weekend. Really... I'll believe it when the time comes! I'm still excited, but also a smidge disappointed. On the flip side, I PAID a hefty fee for her that is supposed to cover her board through JUNE and I should probably go ahead and use up as much of that as I can. Although the price of gas is also driving a desire to waste no time for fear the price continues to rise.

OK - I must go to work. Have a lovely day all... enjoy it and rejoice for it is the day which the Lord has made!

1 comment:

Jemit said...

Dad says to NOT get gas in West Virginia.. they have higher gas prices.