Monday, July 14, 2008

Blessings Monday


I have recently been blessed with a little R&R. Oh how I long for that, especially during the summer months. While most families are planning excursion for mid-summer, I find myself so swamped at work that taking time off would simply make more stress for me upon return. None the less, Handy Hubby and I were BOTH off Friday and Saturday and we made the most of it!


Thursday evening we packed a few things, made some reservations, and hit the road. First stop, Bruno's Pizzaria, for dinner. They have the best italian dinners for very reasonable prices. Next stop, Cleveland, Ohio. We splurged on a hotel room, which is not something we frequently do... but it was oh-so-worth-it! We asked for a King size bed, but they said we'd have to take a room with two-doubles. Fine. But when we arrived they DID have a room with a King size bed and it was on the Concierge Floor. I never heard of such a thing, but we quickly learned that those on the Concierge Floor had a private lounge with complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. They did have a full bar, do-it-yourself, on the honor system to be billed to the room. These accomodations were WAY more than we asked for!!! The hotel room was clean, and very comfortable.


While we were in Cleveland, we visited the Cleveland Metro-park Zoo, the Botanical Gardens, and the Natural History Museum. More on those later.


I just need to say that it was a fantastic trip. Keith says I slept too much at the Hotel, but I'm telling you... R&R is what this girl needed! I am so blessed to have the time to spare and a few extra bucks in my pocket for such an occasion. The weather was sunny, comfortable, and the company was fantastic.


Do you have blessings to share? Stop over to Down On The Farm and share with us! Thanks Marci for hosting once again.
p.s. I found my camera!!! Pictures are forthcoming!!!

1 comment:

Marci said...

I am glad you got some good time with your hubby!!!! Sounds like fun.