Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sneak-Peak Sunday

Handy Hubby has been at the Nascar Race in the Poconos all weekend. I've talked to him a couple of times and he is bubbling over with excitement. He got a lot of autographs, including Keifer Sutherland, the grand marshall for the race and a bunch of drivers too. He's on his way home now... I'm glad he was able to go. He really enjoys that stuff.

Why wasn't I at the race? Well, I had committed to attending a Beth Moore conference that was being held in Louiseville, KY and in over 700 locations world-wide via simalcast. Myself and four other ladies from church signed up to attend at another local church a couple months ago. If you aren't familar with Living Proof Ministries, follow the link and get acquainted. What I love about Beth Moore is that she is so very real. Her work is not about her. It's about God and she takes absolutely NO credit for her work. She speaks most specifically to women with a humorous, down-to-earth attitude. She's comical and sincere... and it was a fantastic weekend of praise and study. AND... I love that I ran into my very own physician in attendance. It's nice to know that your PCP is a godly person. I knew that about her before, but it was more confirmation to see her actively seeking the truth... right before my eyes. Just to share one simple key point from the program that has settled deep within my heart... Guard your heart because Satan is seeking to snatch the word from it and HE CANT HAVE IT!!!! I never thought of it quite like that before. The Lord tells us to write his word on our heart so we do not depart from it, but it is true that Satan seeks to take our focus from that. Simple, yet profound.

What else have I done??? I spend some more time in study and prayer. Relaxed. Enjoyed the peace and quiet. Let the birds out for a bit. They are silly... they put themselves back in their cage. I watered the plants. Did some laundry. Met Amanda and John for dinner and chat. I was thinking about doing some work, but never did. I see I'm getting a ton of spam on my work e-mail, so I didn't want to open it up at home. I get it on my Blackberry. That's how I know it's there.

So now it's late on Sunday. It's time to call it a day and kiss the weekend goodbye. My darling husband will be home sometime between now and the crack of dawn... probably closer to the latter. I missed him so much.

No comments: