Thursday, November 13, 2008

I had my head examined... literally.



My neck is not just sore. It is OUCHY. The only way I can describe it is to imagine your head pressing, almost crushing down upon your spine and sholders. I never dreamed that my little mishap last weekend would cause me any lingering harm. I figured I'd be sore for a couple days and then snap out of it. Yes, I was sore for a couple of days, but this neck pain is for the birds. I really didn't even hit my head. My hip and shoulder absorbed the impact, but maybe there might have been some whiplash or something.


I went to see my doctor's associate. She is a DO and I thought perhaps she might jump in and manipulate my spine, but noooooooooo... She said that the cervical spine is the LAST area she recommends manipulating and not without x-rays first taboot. She gave me a script for the x-rays and some muscle relaxers that are NOT supposed to make me too tired and suggests that I save them for when I'm really hurting, maybe evenings and nights. Good idea. Alas, the pharmacy could not fill my order today, so I shall get them tomorrow. Until then... ibuprofen is my friend.

I'm waiting to hear back about my films and what other direction she might have for me. Until then... ouchy ouchy ouchy!!!!

No comments: