Sunday, July 05, 2009

weekend snippets

My HandyHubby's Mom and Step-Dad were in to visit this weekend. We've tackled the weekend festivities rather casualy.

Friday night we went to the barn. Mom and K brushed Penny and spopiled them all. We drank in the beauty of the farm scenery there. It was delightful.

Mom and I spent some quality time shopping. I got 2 birthday gifts. Now they need wrapped.

Last night we went to the Fair. We spent some time looking at the animals. The drafts have to be my favorite! I also especially liked the bunnies. I want one so bad!!! K isn't on board with that idea just yet. Maybe someday? They look so soft and cuddly!
Today we went for a liesurely Sunday drive that took us to thr glass blowing center. The demonstration was fascinating. I've seen it a few times and its still interesting to me. Mom bought herself a pair of earring. They are really neat.
I cooked a few things this weekend. Sweet Ham with cheddar mashed potatoes and green beans... Enchilada casserole... Catalina pasta salad-YUM... And we've had an array of snacks as well.

The visiting will sadly come to an end in the morning, for me anyway. I have to work and they will depart before I'm home.

Hope you all had a safe and happy July 4th.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Oh how I miss the fair! And all of your meals sound sooo yummy!!! Sounds like you had a good time with everyone!