Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Tuesdays With Jen

I woke up Sunday morning with my Grandpa on my mind... We called him "Grampy.". I remember his hands were rough but gentle and he had a crooked finger. It was his pointer finger. He wore work pants, flannel shirts, red suspenders, and rubbers on his shoes. He had a potato with every meal. He had "worship" twice each day where he got on his knees and prayed. He liked to go to SteppInn for coffee and chatter. He worked hard. He was a farmer. Over the years I have met many persons who knew him well and spoke very highly of him.

So there you have it...some rememberances of someone who stole my heart early in life and whose legacy has influenced my life significantly.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I miss Gramp too. And he always smelled like mailpouch, and now that I think of it... Ive NEVER heard him raise his voice, or get upset...even when he beat the groundhog with a pipe! ha.