Wednesday, January 13, 2010

C.O.W. – Coupons Of Wisdom

COW_LOGO

Psalm 116:5

“The Lord is gracious and righteous, our God is full of compassion.”

 

On a hot day this past summer Keith got the call at his former place of employment from his new place of employment.  They were recruiting him for a management position.  This happened to be the position he had hoped for with his former employer, but due to economy constraints it never came to pass.  And… as you might imagine, it came with a slight increase in compensation.

 

This opportunity came moments after I wrote our weekly tithe check.  After writing the rent check, I was nervous about giving our full tithe.  This meant transferring money from our savings and zeroing out our checking account, and hoping to get by with a few dollars from the savings account used for gas and grocery.  I admit, for a moment I contemplated borrowing from God, shorting  the tithe check just a wee bit to get by.  The Holy Spirit encouraged me to trust.  Funny thing is that I already know the Lord’s faithfulness… why must I deal with such inadequacies of our human nature to doubt?!  I did not succumb to the temptation.  As I wrote that check for the full amount I pondered “If this job opportunity pans out positively, I’ll be delighted to add it to our list of examples of the Lord’s faithfulness.”  And that it did…  It is true… If you are faithful with little it can result in much.   We have experienced the Lords graciousness, righteousness, and compassion!  How awesome is that!

No comments: