Monday, February 08, 2010

Blessings Monday

BlessingsMonday

We are so blessed…

- We have a few good neighbors that banned together to shovel our shared driveway.  Handy-hubby and I had shoveled our own area out and were taking a break when the neighbor came knocking.  We figured that we’d have to do the brunt of the work to get out because the next door neighbor parked on the street instead of in her garage, so she didn’t need to get out back there.  AND the next house is vacant, so we are sure that nobody is going to show to dig that place out.  We have to pass behind about six residences to get out.  I’m very thankful that there are a few good neighbors here.

- We’ve been blessed to have a new laptop computer.  I think I’ve mentioned this before.  It’s so nice to be able to take it anywhere in the house.  I’m grateful to be able to pick-up free wireless where we live.  It’s saving us a bundle.  I’m also blessed to be able to access my work computer from home.  I’m able to do some general catch up from home.  I can send documents to the work printer and when I get there the next work day, there will be a pile waiting to process.  Also, I can fax thru this connection too!  It’s wonderful!

- We are both gainfully employed.  My Handy-hubby is NOT liking his new job, but he’s sticking it out.  He’s got higher aspirations on the horizon, all the while knowing that the Lord has a plan for him in his current situation.  We are blessed to be employed, especially when the economy is what it is. 

- We are blessed to have reliable transportation.  We have a descent car that is fuel efficient and paid for!  We bought it expecting longevity and so far it’s been a good car.  It has more than 75000 miles on it, which is a lot for a 2006 model, but we expect to get a couple hundred thousand out of it.  Likewise, we are blessed to have the “Big Bird” 4x4 pick up truck.  This is something I pined for over the years.  Thanks to the economy, we were able to land a very good deal last year.  It’s pretty and also reliable.  Not exactly fuel efficient, but definitely worth having.  We hope it is a blessing to others as well.  After the blizzard this weekend, I’m wishing we had a snow plow… just think what a blessing that would be!  Maybe in the future???  We are blessed to have more than one vehicle, realizing that some families do not. 

 

If you are inclined to share some of your blessings, please visit Down On The Farm and leave a comment for Marci, our weekly host. 

No comments: