Sunday, May 16, 2010

Saturday’s Savings & Meal Planning

I haven’t actually gone grocery shopping for weeks.  We just bought essentials before we went on vacation.  No sense stocking up on perishables when we wouldn’t be home to use them.  We will be home for a week tomorrow and it took me until today to get to the grocery store.  Life took over.  It’s been very busy and not very well planned and structured lately. 

 

After spending hours clipping coupons, I’m proud to report that I saved almost $50 on our groceries today.  I used coupons, fuel perks, and stocked up on store-brand items which we get for 10% discount because of his job.  I had several free items via coupon, plus free ice cream when I bought 3 boxes of pierogies, which I had coupons for.  I re-stocked all essentials, some pantry items, and some paper goods and pet food as well. 

 

I also went to Sams Club this morning for berries, stir-fry veggies, personal size pizza shells, and some yummy frozen pot pies that my Handy Hubby can pop in the microwave when I’m not home. 

 

Planning meals sure does save a lot.  I did spend about $100 today, but that’s actually not unheard of after so many weeks without my usual grocery trip.  This week we will have:

 

  • Personal Pizza’s
  • Garlic Herb Chicken
  • Tacos
  • Soup (Tonight!)
  • Stir-fry (probably pork)

No comments: