Sunday, June 20, 2010

Blessings Monday

My good friend gave us a dresser this weekend.  Thank you Amy.  Over the years we’ve only ever had a couple dressers.  We each had one from our childhood that didn’t quite make it in one piece from move to move There are a couple small dressers in our house that were here when we moved in, but not nearly enough space for our clothes.  We each also have 4 Rubbermaid tubs.  They are stacked two high.  The bottom ones have our out of season clothes and the top ones have our everyday clothes.  It’s not real pretty, but functions.  We haven’t ever found ourselves with enough money to purchase a new bedroom suite.  We don’t even have a headboard for our bed.  Oh well… we don’t need “things” you know, but sometimes it is nice to have some.  I’m delighted to have this new dresser.  I’m totally claiming it for myself.  (sorry Keith)  It has a lovely mirror with some little shelves and that’s just what girls want in a dresser. 

 

So this Monday morning I’m counting the blessing of good friends with generous hearts and LOVING my new dresser! 

2 comments:

Amy said...

You're welcome :) Like I said, we are just happy you can use it! So glad it will be put to good use.

I was hoping you made it home before the rain did. Did you?
Amy

Jthemilker said...

We covered it before the rain started, thank goodness, so it didn't get wet. It poured really hard out at the farm.