Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday Savings and Meal Planning

Ok.  I admit it.  I am not the least bit motivated to do my grocery shopping.  It’s storming outside, hot inside, and I just feel like doing mostly nothing right now.  UGH.  Maybe if I plan my meals for the week I can map out what I need from the store.

 

1)  Stir-fry.  I’ve been making this about once per week for a while now.  It’s good because it’s almost all vegetables and as I said last week… we need to consume more of those.  Hmmm…. what kind of meat shall I use?  So many choices.  I have chicken, pork, and beef in the freezer so it could go any direction.

2)  Breakfast.  Another almost weekly idea. It’s either eggs, bacon, and toast OR pancakes.  This is one of those meals I make when I just don’t have a lot of time to slave over a meal.  It’s quick and easy and that suits me just fine.  I can always serve it with a side of fruit or glass of juice.

3)  Beef Roast.  I have a small roast in the freezer.  It’s a perfect crock-pot idea.  Hmmm… should it be BBQ, or Mushroom, or French Onion flavor?  OR… I could turn it into a stew.  I even have the potatoes and carrots already.  Hmmm…  I’ll likely serve this with mashed potatoes and green beans.

4)  Chicken & Dumplings.  Now here’s one I haven’t made in a very long time.  Again, I have just about everything I need to make this.  Maybe I should get some frozen peas & carrots to dump in it?  That sounds yummy. 

5)  Pork chops.  BBQ or Garlic???  I might serve this with rice and a vegetable, maybe broccoli?  I have some rice mixes but need to pick up some plain white rice.  I like Jasmine rice or Sticky rice the best. 

6)  Grilled Cheese with tomato soup and a side of fruit. 

 

So my grocery list is short again thanks to my full freezer and well stocked pantry.  I will need milk and snacks like cheese sticks, yogurt, some fresh fruit & veggies and the dreaded chips (especially for the Hubs).  YAY!  I did it!  Now I just need to look at the ads to see what great deals are out there that I shouldn’t pass up! 

No comments: