Saturday, June 05, 2010

Saturday Savings & Meal Planning

Does it count as saving if you just plain don’t do the grocery shopping?  Or does that just make it double next time?  UGH.  I’m going through a very unorganized phase.  I know that’s hard to believe.  Ha Ha.  I haven’t been keeping up with my weekly planning and shopping as I used to.  Don’t get me wrong, I do some shopping.  It’s just not the frugal cheapskate coupon-clipping wizard I was for a while.  I need to get back at it because we saved so much those days. 

 

So meal planning:  (in random order)

1) breakfast:  either eggs & bacon or pancakes

2) personal size pizzas (cheese, pepperoni, & mushroom)

3) Stir-fry (chicken or pork with LOTS of vegetables)

4) Buffalo Chicken Salad

5) Ravioli with side salad

 

So what do I need to put on my list?  A little bit of stir-fry meat and some salad makings.  That should do it!  I have everything else. 

 

I’m realizing that I need to increase our vegetable consumption.  I need to step away from the bread-filled meals like sandwiches.  I like sandwiches because they are quick and easy.  I want to make a pot of soup, but it’s just way too hot and sticky to even go there right now.  Sometimes I think it would be good to add more fruit, but honestly, so much of it doesn’t agree with me.  Kiwi and pineapple burn my mouth.  Bananas are squishy and smell funny.  Pears have a funny texture.  I like apples and grapes, but tire of them easily.  I love melon, especially in the summer, but my Handy Hubby does NOT.  Anyway… at least I realize what would be a good change for us… more vegetables.  BRING ON SUMMER… I can’t wait for fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, corn, beans, zucchini, and more!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Im so proud of you for being so frugal...I love your plan for your meals...I think a lot of fruit has too much sugar in it...we dont drink juice very often because of that...I try to stuff as many veggies into stuff as I can. Have you ever tried the chicken rice R roni? It is really good. If you make it with olive oil instead of butter it tastes the same...plus you add your chicken and lots of veggies to that and it is so delicious! the walmart brand is only 75 cents a peice....anyhow...its good to hear somone else trying to "figure out' how to save a buck and eat healthy at the same time!