Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I recently decided that I would embark upon a project to purposefully record things that I am thankful for.  On my computer I set up an Excel document entitled “Thankfulness” and saved it on the desktop so I would see it each time I turn the computer on.  It has 4 columns of note.  The date, three general things I’m thankful for during that day, and at least one thing I’m thankful for about my Handy Hubby.  This project is also helping me to be deliberate about being grateful for my sweet husband.  You know when you live with someone for so long, after a while life seems mundane and we forget the sweetness of just loving one another and loving on one another.   Here is a snippet of what I’ve recently been thankful for:

  • Ladies in my Bible Study that pray with and for me
  • Milking cows
  • Making and remembering precious memories
  • Yummy cookies that my Mom made for us
  • The site of my pony leaping up in the air
  • Quiet morning with a cup of peach tea
  • Shopping in a Quaint town
  • Running Water
  • The sound of children filling the barn
  • The sound of the rain
  • cuddly kitties
  • Fresh donuts
  • Veterans and those serving our country
  • Drugs that ease my pain and fight infection
  • New tomato plant
  • Loaner vehicle
  • Exercise (whoda-thunk-it?)
  • Sunshine

Sweet thankfulness about my Handy Hubby:

  • He called me just to talk. 
  • He apologized to me.
  • He drove me around.
  • He kissed my forehead before bed.
  • He tucked me in.
  • He recharged the A/C in my car
  • He’s my soldier (veteran).  I’m so proud of him.
  • He ran errands for me.
  • He took me on a date.
  • We had another date.
  • He rubbed my feet.
  • He picked me a daisy while we were horseback riding. 
  • After 10 years, he still tells me he loves me at least 3 times every day.
  • He weeded our flower garden.
  • He snuggled with me in the morning.
  • He dreamed with me.
  • He works hard.
  • He shared a dessert with me.
  • He noticed my new haircut and says he likes it.

No comments: