Saturday, August 21, 2010

Post Birthday Thoughts

I got some birthday money.  Thank you very much… you know who you are.  I put it in the savings account for safe keeping.  I’m still thinking about what I’d like to spend it on.  I thought about buying the cast-iron grilling skillet that I’ve been eyeing up for a while.  I can always use new clothes and shoes.  I would kind of like a new bridle for my horse.  I’d also like to invest in some riding breeches, but they are kind of expensive and I have to order them via mail so I can’t try them on first.  I really like Robert Duncan artwork.  There are some photos I’d like to have printed/framed.  Hiking gear?  I’m enjoying hiking at least once a week for the past month.  It beats the treadmill any day!  I’m going to try geocaching, but I don’t have a GPS yet.  The one I want is the Garmin eTrex Venture.  I’ve researched this.  It seems like the best model and accessories for the price.  There are cheaper models with less features, but you have to pay more for accessories.  Amazon has it for $116 compared to Dicks $169, but I don’t have THAT much birthday money.  The nice thing is that we have all that we need.  It’s fun to think about what to buy with unplanned money in the budget.  We are so blessed to be provided for and to not be left wanting at the moment.  God is good.  I think I’ll hold that money until I get the nudge on what I should really need it for. 

No comments: