Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday’s Savings & Meal Planning

Ok that’s it!  We MUST re-focus!  FOCUS people!!!!

 

We ate out twice this past week.  We spent almost our whole weekly grocery budget doing it.  Why?  Lack of preparation.  Why?  Lack of focus!  Seriously!!!  We have to get a grip!

 

I did successfully deter the desire to shop at Sam’s Club today.  Don’t get me wrong, there are some deals to be found there.  It’s just dangerous to shop without a list or even an idea of what we need.  YES!  Won that battle. 

 

Used a coupon for a free fruit smoothie at McDonalds.  It probably had too much sugar in it, but it was cold, tasty, and FREE!

 

I must plan our weekly meals before I go in search of the deals at the grocery…  Hmmm…

 

Mexican Bake – I have most of the ingredients already.

Personal Size Pizzas – I have them in the freezer, just need thawed.

Chicken – I have that in the freezer.  Would love to grill it but we aren’t using our grill… so maybe not.  :(

Ham Slice – will need to get that.

Spaghetti – I have that too.

 

So to recap, my grocery list consists of…  salad makings, fruit for snacks, a ham slice, sour cream & milk.  That’s it!  How do I do that?  Why couldn’t I put this together the two nights we went out? Oh, I was exhausted and didn’t want to fire up the oven.  I’d like to try some make-ahead meals, but I’m not sure when I can get that done. 

 

I feel good just having this plan.  :)

No comments: