Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesdays With Jen – My Memoirs

August 17th is my birthday.  I share that with a cousin and a brother-in-law.  There is no such thing as Christmas in July… It’s Christmas in August with my family.  I don’t have many significant birthday memories.  I remember Mom making a cake with several layers, one for each of the August birthdays.  I remember one year as a teenager that nobody remembered it was my birthday until it was over.  That was kind of depressing.  What’s the big deal about birthdays anyway?  It is nice to get cards and to have that feeling like it’s okay to spoil myself just this one day.  I guess I’m getting older, but I still don’t feel old except maybe first thing in the morning when my knees don’t want to bend to go downstairs.  I wish I could look back and say remember that one birthday…. but I just don’t.  (and it’s not because I’m too old to remember… yet!)  LOL 

No comments: