Sunday, October 24, 2010

Geocaching 10-23-10

IMG00302-20101023-1819

Happy Hikers we are… We didn’t have much time before dark, but we did find 5 cache’s yesterday.

P1010906

I spotted this owl peering at us from his bird-box. I think it’s a horned owl??? I wish we had a better zoom on our camera. I got a pretty good look at him with binoculars while Keith tried to move in closer for a better picture. I saw the little guy duck back into his box… Keith spooked him. Alas, we did NOT get a better picture. :(

IMG00297-20101023-1803

This is on Irwin Road aka Mysty Blue Road, which is supposedly haunted. The internet has some information on it. I’m not into that kind of stuff, but it was still daylight anyway, so we meandered down this road to find a cache. The whole way Keith is asking me what is “haunted” about it. It didn’t look haunted. I didn’t do any checks on that until we got back, but… when he found the cache this little black rat was staring back at him from inside a log. He jumped and I thought he was just joking… trying to spook me, but it didn’t work. I had a good laugh when I saw what it was so we couldn’t resist taking some pictures of it.

IMG00296-20101023-1803

It was a fun time… can’t wait to go again.

No comments: