Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thursday’s Thankful Heart

Thursdays Thankfulness

 

Happy Thanksgiving!  This is my FAVORITE holiday.  I like to keep thankfulness in the forefront of all my days.  I don’t think that enough people are deliberately thankful.  I have SO much to be thankful for:

  • Answered prayers.  Keith’s employer is transferring him to another location is about a week.  It’s closer to home!  I’ve been praying for this for a year!
  • Good health.  My bosses wife is battling cancer.  Her struggles remind me of how fortunate I am to have good health.
  • Loving husband.  He is kind and sweet and simply self-less when it comes to taking care of me.  He’s a gem!
  • Adequate home.  Our rent is quite reasonable.  The home is bigger than we need. Keith recently updated the bathroom.  I’m delighted that it’s now fully functioning.  Yay!
  • Gainful employment.  My boss is an honest, family oriented, Christian man.  He appreciates my contribution at work. 
  • Penny.  I love her so much.  I love her sassiness and her beauty.  I rode her a good bit this summer and she has grown SO much!  I’m very pleased.  I’m also grateful for Rene’e helping me bring her home and for Janet’s generosity providing her a home that is affordable. 
  • Our kitties.  Crystal is so pretty and soft and likes to cuddle.  (most of the time)  She is totally in love with Keith.  It’s very sweet.  Wizzy is spunky, wild, and crazy.  He keeps us on our toes.
  • My God-Lovin, Bible-Studying, Prayer-Warrior Gal-Pals.  They help keep me focused and pray with me and for me all the time.  I love them and their precious families.
  • Hiking.  For years I’ve been begging Keith to just go for a walk with me.  He does not appreciate the mundane task of walking in circles, not at the track nor the park.  Then one day my good friend, Tammi (and her family), took me Geocaching and it’s been all fun since then.  I knew Keith would love it.  He needs to have a destination and this is actually more challenging than the usual walk.  I’ve spent much of the summer hiking with Tammi and Keith.  I’ve even taken my niece and nephews out.  It’s great exercise.  I love being outside.  I love drinking in the beauty of creation.  I crave it now! 
  • Family.  I’m glad to live close to my family.  We enjoy dinner with Zombecks as often as we can, usually every couple of weeks.  My parents are close by too and are hosting Thanksgiving dinner.  They enjoy hosting family get-togethers often in their new home.  I miss seeing Keith’s family, wishing we could travel more frequently.  I understand that his Grandma Vulhop is ailing and in Hospice care now.  We need to visit soon.  We are grateful to be welcomed to stay with his Mom when we are in town there.  We have 11 nieces and nephews, each one a joy in their own way and growing up so fast.  I love them all.   
  • Quietness.  Many mornings I enjoy coffee or tea in the quiet of our home.  By quiet I mean without the white-noise of television or other distraction.  This morning I’m enjoying the sound of rainfall, the birds singing (the ones in the cage), my kitty meowing for attention as she cuddles next to me.  Some days I watch the sun rise & have a little devotion time.   I love mornings.  The only thing better would be to have a nice porch to sit on with my pony in the back yard… maybe someday.

There is just SO much!  I could go on and on all day long. 

No comments: