Saturday, January 01, 2011

Saturday’s Savings & Meal Planning

Happy New Year!

 

I’m not much for resolutions; however, I am resolving to use my coupons, save some money, and pay off my student loan this year.  Tomorrow’s paper is supposed to have FIVE coupon inserts in it.  I think I might buy TWO papers!  Yesterday I caught up on all my coupon clipping and did some shopping.  I needed to spend the remaining balance in my FSA, which was approximately $60.  I bought a blood pressure monitor and some over the counter meds.  After 2010 they will no longer cover over the counter meds.  Grrr!!!  No sense letting it go to waste!  I also used some coupons yesterday…  Doritos for $2 – is that good?  I got a FREE Gillette gift-pack with razor and accessories.  NICE!  I got BOGO candy bars for Keith- ended up being 25 cents each.  That’s a deal.  I also got him 2 good size Toberlone for $1 each.  I’m not really a big fan of buying candy, but if I don’t buy it with a coupon, he will buy it for full-price.  I also hit Kohl’s as I had $20 Kohls-cash that expires today.  I picked up two sweaters for myself and paid a whopping $8 out of pocket.  Yay!!!!  I confess, I picked up some clearance items too…  I got a gold-colored holiday table cloth for $2, some bows for a few cents, and StarWars 4-mug Hot-chocolate set for 50% off at Target.  Not entirely cheap, but still probably worth it to spoil the boys.  I think I’ll take it to their Grandma’s house and let them share them there. 

 

Ok… meals for this week. 

  • Quiche (Bacon & Swiss I think)
  • Pork & Sauerkraut (At my parents)
  • Ravioli
  • Chicken Noodle Soup (from scratch)
  • Breakfast (either pancakes or eggs/bacon)
  • Salad Salad Salad – with or for every meal

Looks like I need some groceries:  Swiss cheese & salad makings plus dinner rolls to take to Mom’s for the family dinner tomorrow.

 

That sums it up for now.  I can’t wait to see how much I can save with coupons & deals in 2011.  I need to re-organize our closet and pantry soon.  Yay! 

No comments: