Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday Savings & Meal Planning

I worked the Farmer’s Market today.  I got some meat as part of my pay and still walked away with some cash in my pocket.  SAWEET!

 

I’m so proud of myself.  I got about $100 worth of groceries today for $69.  Our standard weekly grocery budget is $60; however, last week we did NOT use any of it, so I do not feel bad spending some of it this week.  In that bundle I got SIX full-size tubes of Colgate toothpaste for FREE.  Anybody need toothpaste?  I don’t even use Colgate, but if they are giving it away for free… I’ll take it!  I’ll share it with whomever wants or needs it and what’s left I will donate to the food pantry.  Believe it or not, they do appreciate toiletries as well as food. 

 

After leaving the grocery store, I hit Rite Aid for a few deals.  I spent $12 and walked away with $7 in up-rewards for next week.  So really I only spent $5 out of pocket.  Not bad!  I got the last two bottles of Dial Nutri-skin lotion on sale this week.  I needed it SO BAD. 

 

So, looking ahead, I need to plan some meals.

 

1) Chicken n’ Biscuits w/ Salad --- Saturday Night Dinner!

2)  Olive Garden w/ Zom’s --- Sunday Night Dinner

3)  BBQ Meatloaf w/ potatoes & green beans --- Monday

4)  Gorton’s Fish Fillets & Salad (just salad for me) – Tuesday

5)  Pork Roast w/ Sauerkraut in the Crockpot --- Wednesday

6)  Eggs, Bacon, & Toast --- Thursday

7)  Cheese Pizza

 

Random fact:  I’m pretty much so addicted to Pomegranate Blueberry juice!  LOVE IT!!! 

2 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

LOOOOVE pork roast and sauerkraut. Enjoy your week and your savings!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

LOOOOVE pork and sauerkraut! Way to go on the savings!