Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday’s Savings & Meal Plan

Grabbed a few good deals this evening at Giant Eagle and Walmart.  Could have grabbed Colgate at Rite Aid and actually made a few bucks on it, but I chose to pass on Rite Aid this week. 

 

2 Boxes of Snuggle Fabric Softener Sheets: (40 count) $.50 each.  Not bad!

 

2 bottles of Xtra laundry detergent (28 load):  $.99 each.  This isn’t my favorite laundry detergent, but it’s good to have on hand.  I can use it as a back up in case I run out (not likely to happen any time soon) or to wash utility items such as rugs, rags, horse blankets, etc.

 

4 packs of Ballpark Beef Bun-length hotdogs: $1.34 each.  Not bad!

 

10 boxes of GE Pasta:  $.90 each + extra $.10 fuel perks which will add up to $3 savings bringing the price of the pasta down to a total of $.60 each.  Not bad! 

 

2 packs of gum:  $.28 each – sometimes I get it for free, but this is still a good deal. 

 

2 Three Musketeers bars:  $.25 each.  Not bad!  Keith will enjoy them!

 

14 Bags of Iams catfood (1.8 pounds): $1.67 each.  I usually pay $25 for one 14 pound bag.  My coupons were all worth $3 each, bringing this out to $23.38 for 25.2 pounds.  If you do the math, I usually pay $1.78/pound, but today I got it for $.93/pound a savings of $.85/pound.  Yee haw!!!

 

Meals

No big plans.  We are on vacation, though not actually at the tropical paradise.  We are home.  We hope to take a few day-trips and just enjoy being home and free from work.  So…  I’ll plan meals on the spur of the moment this week.  One things for sure… we definitely have PASTA and HOT DOGS if we need them.

Have a great week!

Smile

No comments: