Sunday, September 25, 2011

Crazy Anxiety!

IMG00786-20110924-1133

My Lovey-Kitler… she’s MAD!!!!!!  She is easily over-stimulated and takes out her aggression on whatever is in her path.  Many times it is ME!  She bites and scratches.  She and I have weekly stare-downs to remind her who is boss.  I’m happy to say that she is making progress.  She is still rough when she plays, but is learning to keep her claws in more.  She still bites, but with less force.  Sometimes she just puts her teeth on me and then quickly retracts.  I wonder what made her be this way?  It’s been interesting to see her changing from a very frustrated nasty-girl to a more respectful and ultra-lovey girl. 

 

My life has seemed so CRAZY lately.  Lot’s of things going on…  Work has been especially trying lately.  There are SO MANY duties and not enough time.  I took a week of much needed vacation early in September and feel as though I have been paying for it ever since.  (I shouldn’t feel that way – right?) Nobody does my duties when I am not there.  Everyone I work with is stretched to the max.  The word from higher up is:  1) Customer Service is HUGE and 2) Do more with less. Great ideas! As a matter of fact, I am really big on the idea of “efficient” work.  You know… use your resources to their fullest.  Reduce waste.  Manage time and other resources effectively.  I’m always thinking “there has to be a better way” and “we are probably making things harder than necessary.”  The problem is, I cannot keep up with the volume of work AND do the same quality of work as I aspire for AND deliver spectacular customer service (which in my line of work means DO IT FAST!)!  My anxiety stems from the idea that I may have to lower my standard of work in order to keep up with the volume.  At whose expense???  (I’m not even going there today)

 

I’ve identified the issue.  Now how shall I respond?

 

1)  God knows my anxiety and will give me the strength to deal with it.  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. 

2)  Attitude is key.  I will be pleasant to work with.  I will be patient with others. 

3)  Focus.  I will prioritize, stay on-task, work hard, and put forth every effort to maintain the level of quality that is important.

4)  I will be realistic.  While I desire to be swift in performing my duties, there are limitations (time being a very important one).  I shall present realistic expectations to my customers. 

 

I also need to protect my personal life from being over-run by work and the stresses of it.  It’s sometimes difficult to leave work at work.  I often physically bring it home.  It often monopolizes my mind, attitude, and even my sleep.  Some things I can do to minimize the detriment of work-related stress at home…

  1. I shall enjoy the peace of working with my horse and enjoying the outdoors. 
  2. I shall experience the love of caring for my husband and keeping our home. 
  3. I shall appreciate others and surround myself with positive influences. 
  4. Most importantly, I shall protect the sweet time I set aside for Bible Study, ministry, and worship. 

No comments: