Monday, September 05, 2011

Reality Bites

IMG00509-20110627-0817

My kitty’s name is “Lovey” or “Kitler.”  YES – she bites!  She really does, and it HURTS.  But that’s NOT what I’m talking about here.  What I’m talking about is…  vacation is over.  Boo hoo!  We must return to the reality of our working lives. 

 

Keith returned to work today.  It’s quiet and boring and rather lonely without him.  Tomorrow I not only go back to work, but it will be a LONG day as we have the quarterly meetings in the evening for which I must attend.  Ugh.  Don’t get me wrong, I like what I do.  I enjoy the people I work with.  But there is just a peace about not having to be there that I love.  Plus, I really enjoy being with my husband.

 

I pondered today… is retirement like a never-ending vacation?  I never thought I’d get to the point where I’d be looking forward to retirement.  I’m almost there… not to retirement, but to looking forward to it.  I hope that when I’m finally retired that my husband will be as well and that we will enjoy one another’s company for the duration.  Hmmmm…

No comments: