Friday, January 13, 2012

Is This Winter?

This winter has been mild.  It’s been unusually warm for the most part.  It’s much more bearable than a complete dumping of snow.  I do like the snow.  I like it when the sun is shining and the wind is NOT blowing.  I like it when you walk outside into a winter wonderland of untouched beauty.  You know… before the first tracks are laid into it.  I like the white outlining each and every exposed tree branch and it’s heaviness weighing on the evergreens.  I’m excited to try out my new snowshoes.  I’m waiting for some of the fluffy white stuff to arrive.  It’s here… but not in the pleasant way.  It’s BITTER cold outside this morning!  There are gusts of wind too…. not pleasant. 

Sad smile  Brrrrrrrrr!!!!

1 comment:

Jemit said...

It is nearly 2am.. I'm feeling like a cold is on my horizon.. but what I wanted to say was that I was awake and looked outside- it's sooooo gorgeous. like a winter wonderland.. and the only tracks are those made by Thomas. :)