Saturday, June 02, 2012

Don't lose faith... I'm still at it!

I didn't track my progress in May very well.  My Runkeeper app lies.  I've become disgruntled with it, so I've sort of stopped using it.  I did have several really nice hikes in May that I don't have mileage for.   This morning I tried a new app, Skimble.  So far, so good.  It gives me a link that I can post so you can see my hike! This app also tracks a bunch of other activities including horseback riding, canoeing, and more.   So I'm excited to use it and see if it can keep up.  :)

This morning's 5-mile hike was at Hartwood Acres.   I was surprised to only pass by a couple of other hikers on the trails.  The weather is superb!  Sunny, breezy, and about 65 - 70 degrees.  It's not too muddy and not too buggy.  Yay!  The grass in the fields was as high as my chest.  There was single-file width trail through it, but I had to use my trekking poles to push back the grass.  I spotted some daisies... love love love!  I stopped to pet a golden retriever and a chubby beagle.  I startled two beautiful deer.  What a lovely trek.  Perhaps I'll upload some photos.

Anyway... I'm still at it.  I do need new shoes soon.  I thought my trail runners would last longer, but I suppose it just means that they have been well used.  That is a good thing. 

No comments: