Saturday, January 26, 2013

Winter Hike

Went for a hike in the snow today.  Trudging through the fluffy white stuff for 75 minutes.  It would have been easier with spikes or snowshoes or anything offering more traction.  Even trekking poles would have been a good idea, but I didn't have them in the truck.  It was still a delight to get out.  Janet brought Maizy.  She thoroughly enjoyed it.  Janet fell 4 or 5 times, but not hard.  She cracks me up!  I was spared except for choosing the wrong place to cross the creek.  My foot got wet.  Thankfully I was wearing my new wool hiking socks that wick moister away from skin.  My feet never got cold.  I LOVE these socks! 



Who came to greet us afterwards but my sweet pony Penny...  She's so fluffy right now.  I don't think she minds the snow.  Not on a day like today anyway. 

It was a great day, a great hike.  It just makes me feel good.  :)

No comments: