Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Mindless Chatter

Hmmm... things have been rather simple lately...



Last night we mowed the grass here for the first time. That was a chore, but so glad it's done now. There is a ton of yard work to be done here, but some of it will have to wait until later. We want to close on the house before we go crazy on landscaping and other remodeling.


I won a free "Pizza Buffet" meal at Cici's. I put my business card in for their weekly drawing and guess what? They picked me!!! Now do you really think they only pick one each week? I'm wondering if maybe they send those to everyone who puts their card in? Don't you think that would make sense? Who goes there alone? It's like passing out BOGO cards. They still make money!


I tried the new Dr. Pepper Berries & Cream. It's pretty good, but nothing spectacular. It's like a cream soda with raspberry flavor. Maybe I'd like the diet better? I'm not a huge fan of really sweet drinks.






We got a birth announcement in the mail for Brendon John Hiles. The proud parents are Jeremiah and Annsley (cousins from the West Coast). He's a darling little fellow! Congrats to the new parents and Grandparents!

Speaking of munchkins... We will be a new Aunt & Uncle again very soon. Keith's sister Denise is due on his birthday... May 2nd. Hmmm... I think it will be a boy, but they aren't telling. We are very excited!


A couple of my good lady friends and I have decided to start our own Girls Group Bible Study. I'm so delighted. I attended a weekly study with a precious group of ladies when I was living in Wilmore. I miss them dearly... and I miss the study too. Our first study will be the book of James. There is so much to be learned there. I can hardly wait!




I'm going to a conference next week to learn more valuable things about my job. That's always fun!




I'm going to a Chili-cookoff this weekend at my friend's church. It is a fundraiser including a talent show to raise money for mission work. My friend's daughter is planning a mission trip to Albania this summer. Bless her heart!





Well... that's about all I can dream up at the moment. The dullness of the moment is actually welcomed. Keith is working this evening so I'm just taking some time to drink in the silence. I might work on some files for work tonight... or I might just ignore them and relax. Hmmm... decisions decisions.

4 comments:

Jemit said...

I love your graphics!!! And that was one newsy post!!

Wendy said...

My womens group that met last year was doing the book of James...Enjoy!

I thought Keiths b-day was May 5th...or am I off?

When are you supposed to close on your house?

WHY are you making us type those funny letters? Please...no more !

Jemit said...

I'll cast my vote against the funny letters too... I end up with 3 sets before my post is accepted!

Jthemilker said...

Without the funny letters only "members" can post comments. That means that one has to HAVE a blog to post a comment on someone elses. That stinks. So... I was hoping that some of the non-members would post comments if I lifted the ban. Any takers???

BTW - Keith's b-day is May 2nd... Wendy, you were off.

Closing on the house? Hmmm... one never seems to know. Apparently there is a problem with something on the sellers end. We seem to have everything in order on our part... just one of those hurry up and wait situations! Meanwhile I have money set aside for the closing that I could have totally paid off a bunch of bills with! Ugh! I guess it's collecting interest, but I'd really just like to wipe out some debt with it. Oh well.